Campers vs admins?

Hier kannst Du Dich wegen Fehlverhaltens anderer Spielern beschweren.

Here you can complain about misbehavior of other players.
Satanja
Spieler

Out of curiosity, what's the admins turn on campers?
It's possible to @report someone for "massive camping".
What's concidered "massive camping"?

On the server I play, there's quite the amount of people (same people every time), camping every round at the same spot. I find it aggrivating and it quite ruins the game for many people. I have reported them several times, but nothing happens :(

What's OK to do and what's not?
Edgar
Administrator

Why does camping ruin the game? You're still able to kill the camper.
Satanja
Spieler

Many times not, no, since they're safe in base or behind things that makes it impossible to reach them.
If a played keeps his entire game at the same location, is that really something that's allowed?
Edgar
Administrator

Camping is not generally forbidden and everyone thinks different about when camping begins. It also depends if the player is playing in the T or CT team. What it makes harder for the admins is that most of the complains about camping are wrong.

If you really think a player is extremely camping than you can report him :)
Satanja
Spieler

I can give you two names right now of people who never leave their bases, always playing scout and always behind protective boxes which makes them impossible to kill.
One is a russian player with a blue photo of a shark, have no idea how to spell his name since it's in russian letters. The other one is called "Almotor".
I have reported these two continuately during the games, but nothing happens :(
Edgar
Administrator

Unfortunately we cannot do anything out of the forum, it is needed that you report the player while ingame :)
Satanja
Spieler

Oh I DO. Several times, but nothing happens and no one gets back/responds >_<
Edgar
Administrator

Then there was no admin online or the player was not classified as camper :)
Bambam7
Spieler

I also reported massive campers several times on the server i mostly play. Nothing happens. Even when i know there is a admin present.

Isn't there some option, server side, that people that stay too long in some area are warned or kicked? I think there is.
Edgar
Administrator

Thanks for your message :)
Bambam7 wrote: Sat 8. Jun 2019, 22:32Isn't there some option, server side, that people that stay too long in some area are warned or kicked? I think there is.
Not really, because players could just leave this area and then come back. Also the system does not know why a person stays in a specific area so cannot distinguish between legitime and illegitime cases.

In fact, camping was never really forbidden, also, because the players opinions about that differ strongly. If you think a player shows unfair behaviour you should use the @voteban command because that is usually not an issue admins have to handle.
Bambam7
Spieler

I think there is such an option. I ran a server in the early days and i could activate it.
I understand you don't want to ban paying customers, but other paying customers are irritated on the other side.

Then remove the option to report massive camping and just allowe it. So the discussion can be stopped.
Although I really hate it too when people stay shooting on the same spot for hours sometimes. It really does irritate and ruin the game for most people.
Edgar
Administrator

Bambam7 wrote: Sat 8. Jun 2019, 23:13I understand you don't want to ban paying customers, but other paying customers are irritated on the other side.
That is independent if players are premium players or not :)
Bambam7 wrote: Sat 8. Jun 2019, 23:13Then remove the option to report massive camping and just allowe it. So the discussion can be stopped.
We will do so, so players are referred to the @voteban command.