banning mode ?

Hier kannst Du Dich wegen Fehlverhaltens anderer Spielern beschweren.

Here you can complain about misbehavior of other players.
KARNAGE
Spieler

hello admins ! some of you told me to put a comment here ( even if i think its pointless but anyway ) i just wanted to understand something . im here since january 2021 i think . and since then there was no probleme between us and admins . even if we broke the rules ' slightly' i mean speaking other language ( when they say stop we stop anyway ) and f word sometimes . like that for more than a year . then i think new admin ( benno ) came up recently ( i saw syzett told him long time no see when he showed up ) so i think he was not there more than a year and half ? . so when he showed up . the banning mode started . syzett got banned for f word other player ( off , another player and friend of mine ) . and I got banned 5 days for speaking french ( lol ) its right . a lot of times admin told me to stop . and i didnt . but why in one year and half no banning and no probleme with admins . and then benno shows up boom banning people ? then i wanted to understand that so i talked to three admind recently and SAS and SOUTHSIDE told me . southside : there a different severity on breaking the rules . SaS told me : there is good and bad admins ? so what ? then i shows up latelety after our discution and SAS tell me i misunderstood the discution and all admins are the same , i assume there was a good discution between admin lol so i just wanted to understand why some admin are cool and good no probleme and some other are banning faster than their shadow ? one actually ; i dont wanna put probleme between tyou and i dont wanna get banned i love this serv . but if we end up playing by fear not saying a word because benno could ban us for nothing . it will be a ghost serveur just people playing like bot and not talking between us. and since january it was perfect ... then benno showed up . syzett got banned permantlenuy for a f word lol and i got banned for 5 days. lol if i told me next time i speak french i got banned i would stop ... but anyway i know its pointless but so why there is some level of severity between different admin and why nobody do something ? anyway i have proof of our discution between me SAS and southside we agreed each other but maybe after theire discution they changed their mind ? if benno is the chief of admin i will understand but if he is not i want to understand
KARNAGE
Spieler

i mean since january it was perfect all admin are super cool and nice . and since benno came i feel the atmosphere has changed . i mean you can be banned for nothing so its better to not talking so we just play like bot between us ..
Edgar
Administrator

We are currently reviewing this and you'll soon receive an answer.
KARNAGE
Spieler

if you want i can put the picture of our discution if its not prohibed
Edgar
Administrator

Not required, I have the chatlog :)
Edgar
Administrator

Hello KARNAGE,

thank you for your post :)

I observed the discussion within the public chat and of course, what SaS meant (but what was not really clear from his words) was, that not all admins act the same. Still acting according to the rules, there are admins which are more or less tolerant or strict. One simply cannot count that he is not going to be punished for infringement of the rules, just because another admin did not (yet) punish him for this behaviour.

That said you have no risk to get banned from a single admin just because the admin is stricter than another. All bans have to be within the rules, as the players have to obey the rules. Every ban can be reviewed by other admins.

When it comes to player syzett7, first, this is his ban history:
He got banned three times. According to our Three Strike disciplinary scheme (introduced in 2015), a player, who got banned three times, is always going to be banned permanently. The first strike is five (5) days, the second ten (10) days and the third is permanent. Admins cannot alter (both increase or decrease) the duration of bans and they are not able to make exceptions.

Bearing that in mind, the question is not, if the ban is too hard or not, the question is, if the player infringed the rules and if yes, if multiple infringements (and/or multiple warnings) where required to ban the player.

When it comes to your case
both multiple infringements and warnings are required for a ban. That is, because using a language which is not German or English is prohibited according to Article 4.2 TOS. Article 4 does not refer to classic rules (such as Articles 5–7), the whole article is more a behavioral code. Thus, not a single ignored warning will lead to a ban – but multiple ignored warnings can lead to. In contrast, even a single ignored warning can lead to a ban according to Article 5, for Article 6 a warning is not required and for Article 7 a player is immediately banned without information. You see, it is different from case to case and we have a strict scheme.

According to the chatlog the ban is not justified in your case. Still, your behaviour was prohibited and infringed Article 4.2 TOS ("Only German or English"), but the chatlog does not proove that you repeatedly ignored the warnings. This difference and requirement is important, because the infringement of the behavioral code is not to be treated the same as the infringement of classic rules. Even if this ban got revoked afterwards, please make sure to obey this rule which is not against a specific language or country, but only to ensure that players can understand each other and that admins can understand that too.
KARNAGE
Spieler

thanks a lot for the clarification ! thats what i told them . every time they tell me to stop i stop . when i speak french is more when im angry at other french player or its small sentences . so i just found the ban was a lil bit execessive thats why i wanted to put a comment . and i was sure it wasnt normal because all admin since more than a year didnt ban me and yet benno come and ban me so i dont know if this comment will change something or not about benno ? and how can the ban can be revoked the 5 days are gone ahah . for now i got banned so fast i wont speak french anymore anyway ... anyway thanks a lot for your clarification ^^
Edgar
Administrator

The ban can be revoked, because a ban is also a strike which is permanent. Hence your first strike was removed so that your account stays clean. Yes, I spoke to benno, that is resolved now :)
KARNAGE
Spieler

oh yeah you are right so now my account is clean ? ahah ! thanks ^^ ! i got reticent to put comment because i tought it was pointless but SAS told me to ! and he was right ! thanks a lot ^^ i just saw the list of member here and the different on the amount of post from some admin is huge lol sas and moody have barely 100 post and benno got 1200 ... so maybe i was right to put the comment ^^
Edgar
Administrator

It is always better to discuss such stuff in the forum :)
benno_berghammer
✖ Ausgeschlossen

Dear Karnage,

Yes, that ban was a fault, cause i mixed up something and held the believe, only one warning for violation of Art. 4 TOS ist sufficient for a ban.
In other cases (Art. 5 and so on), as Edgar wrote, it is sufficient.

Im sorry, i apologize for that!

But:
You shouldnt believe, only cause that ban was a mistake your conclusions are right.

I just want to clarify: No one gets banned without reason. It is like in mathematics: a general rule isnt wrong, only cause some wrong decisions are falling. And if a ban is wrong, its getting revoked, as you can see.

You continued consequently to speak frensh, over a long period (yes, you may have stopped for a while after warnings). That showed us, you knew what you do, as you also wrote here. I also talked to other admins before i banned you.

As i can see: We before talked on 5th may at the server (around 7 p.m.), there was also another admin. We explained you, and told you to write in the forum.
Therefore we were a bit surprised about what you wrote yesterday.

So it was very useful to write in the forum, as both sides do have the opportunity to clearify a case ;)

The lang and the short of it: Just accept the rules, and all will be fine.

Greetz
Benno
KARNAGE
Spieler

hello benno ! yes you are right the fault is mine because i keep speaking french beside your warning i know that . and i wont do it anymore beucause of that ban . it was a good lesson . even if it was a lil bit excessive in my opinion and thats why i wrote this comment . but in the moment of my ban ( 30/04 i think ) i tought it was a lil bit excessive because just one warning and i got banned . but it dosnt mean i was right even if this ban is a mistake . anyway if its useful for both side im glad ^^ and im glad my first ban was revoked too thanks all admin :)