Autobalance calculation

Gefällt Dir etwas (nicht) an c2Play, willst Du etwas verbessern oder hast Du allgemeine Fragen?

Do you like something (not) about c2Play, do you want to improve something or do you have general questions?
Clive St Helmet
Spieler

Hi just a thought I'd had about the auto-balance on the servers. I don't know if the strength of the opponent is calculated when determining the balance, but I don't think much calculation takes place other than to measure kill/death ratio.

A better system might be to assign each player an ELO rating, and then grant points for the quality of the player that they fragged. Most people play with the bots on the lowest difficulty (the default setting), so they're typically rubbish, but I think the kills/death calculation doesn't take this into account, so a bot kill is awarded the same score as a player kill.

You might already be doing this, or something similar, but I reckon if you were to calculate a more accurate score with ELO or similar you might be surprised at how the team balance changes. Of course, no system is perfect, but I reckon you'll get a better approximation of true player ability over a season, which would then inform the auto-balance more accurately.

Just a thought :)
Edgar
Administrator

Team balancing has been now adjusted :)
Nort242
Spieler

Hi Edgar!

You´re right. good job ! Thats probably the best way., as far as I can consider and judge,
I was admin myself on 16 dutch servers over 5+ yrs several yrs ago....

Regards
Nort
Edgar
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback! :)