Intermittent Lag on C2Play Servers only

Gefällt Dir etwas (nicht) an c2Play, willst Du etwas verbessern oder hast Du allgemeine Fragen?

Do you like something (not) about c2Play, do you want to improve something or do you have general questions?
Edgar
Administrator

Thank you very much! We will redirect this to the datacenter.

Is this only at the late hours or also during the day?
kb1693
Spieler

Edgar wrote: Sat 8. Apr 2023, 03:15 Thank you very much! We will redirect this to the datacenter.

Is this only at the late hours or also during the day?
All times, day and evening. I don't know about early hours of the morning since I am usually asleep.
Edgar
Administrator

Thank you! I redirected this now and am waiting for answer :)
Edgar
Administrator

Alright. What we would have to do is a MTR, but not only you to us, but we back to you. Can you please send me a PN once you are available, so we can do the MTR together? :)
Clive St Helmet
Spieler

I'd be happy to try this at a suitable time. I'm available most evenings between 17:00 and 20:00 UK time.

Having really bad lag spikes again this evening. I forgot to mention it, but yeah, I also have really poor performance on the forum during these periods.

Another player from the UK was experiencing these problems too, he was telling me about it in-game.
Edgar
Administrator

Great! I answered your PN, let's start :)
Clive St Helmet
Spieler

I just wanted to check with the others that are experiencing this problem: are you both BT customers too? I'm going to raise a fault with BT to see if they can't leverage this ISP from their end.
Edgar
Administrator

We received a response now from two peers and it seems that BT has a problem here. You could give them a phone call :geek:
Clive St Helmet
Spieler

It's not a BT router that is causing the lag spikes. I think you might be getting fobbed off :(

This is the best video I've got that demonstrates the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fan4vH5A4Qw
Edgar
Administrator

Clive St Helmet wrote: Sun 23. Apr 2023, 18:36 It's not a BT router that is causing the lag spikes. I think you might be getting fobbed off :(
[...]
Why do you think BT is not the reason? Were you able to contact them?

If you want, you can send me your IP, then you do a MTR and I do a MTR back. Then we have a second MTR. It is important that both MTRs take place a the same time. I think about 1,000 packets are enough.
Clive St Helmet wrote: Sun 23. Apr 2023, 18:36 [...]
This is the best video I've got that demonstrates the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fan4vH5A4Qw
Thank you for the video! Can you please use

Code: Select all

net_graph 4
while recording such videos? It is a console command. Use 0 instead of 4 to turn it off. :)
crash
Spieler

I am experiencing the exact same as Clive.

I am with BT but have received an email to suggest The latency problem was from a cyber-attack.

Can you confirm this?

I am also happy to test if required, but have recently checked with BT and ran multiple tests, all seems good, received a new router, hardwire direct and last night was still getting lag as in the video Clive sent.

Ping is fine.

Thanks
crash
Spieler

Clive someone told me to try something and so far tonight is the first night I have not seen or encountered lag since adding these commands!

Can you give this a try and let me know if you have issues, I am hoping this is not a one off , I will continue to monitor but this really helped me tonight!

cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 0
(type them in spectators or in menu or you just can type it into your cfg.)

Let me know!