Auto team balancing not fair

Gefällt Dir etwas (nicht) an c2Play, willst Du etwas verbessern oder hast Du allgemeine Fragen?

Do you like something (not) about c2Play, do you want to improve something or do you have general questions?
H-Man 92
Spieler

Good afternoon,

I have mentioned this before on other posts and thought it would be best to bring it up again. Could you please look at the auto team balance? I find that the games can be completely unbalanced which causes a lot of frustration for losing teams. I see this most on office where most of the players seems to have a preference for Ts. They then spawn camp at CT spawn and make lots of kills, and as CT you can barely get out of the garage.

I have a screenshot from today where you can see it was 8 Ts against 4 Cts and you can see the major difference in amount of kills and deaths:
Screenshot_20230127_030104.png
So I have a recommendation - Can you balance teams in a way that actual players are spread evenly between team instead of total players including bots?

And secondly - can you auto balance teams to spread premium players evenly on both teams as well? It's just not fair when you have a whole bunch of premiums on one team dominating. Spreading them evenly makes the game more fun and competitive.

Regards
H-Man 92
Edgar
Administrator

Hello! :)

The team balance system is kinda complex, however, I can assume that this is primarily an issue during the round, because both the Deathmatch and ONLY servers will invoke a team balance once the round has ended.

However, the Deathmatch servers are not that strict as the ONLY servers are. While ONLY servers do not allow something like 8 vs 4, the story is a little bit different on the Deathmatch servers. The reason for that is, that it is especially for Deathmatch servers normal that two, three or even four players leave or join the server within a couple of seconds. If we would, for instance, invoke the team balancer every two minutes, then players would be forced into another team and seconds after that new players would join the server and be redirected into the weaker them, so the balance before would have been useless.

The frustration level is very similar, if even not higher, because people would become annoyed by being constantly forced into another team because some players left the server.

We must not forget that the main reason for uneven teams is not the or a bad team balance, it is the fact that players leave the server while a round is running. This is to be expected on public servers, but it means that only after a few minutes a round with 8 vs 8 will become (at least numerically) uneven. One way is to just wait for new players to fill up the weaker team. Another way is to (in addition to that) periodically invoke a team balance what we do after the round has ended. Both results in frustration but I understand that the frustration of uneven teams is more reasonable that due to a team balance, because the latter you cannot only, you really have to expect and accept that, at least sometimes.

I cannot promise that it will really improve it significantly but I will review that issue and check if we could try to make the team balance on Deathmatch servers a little bit more less liberal.

Kind Regards,
Edgar
H-Man 92
Spieler

Hi There,

Thank you for your detailed response. I have a couple of comments though:

1) Maybe that is true, Office seems to be the biggest issue. Everyone seems to prefer Ts for an easy win on this round.
2) The 8 v 4 is not as a result of 4 people leaving the game making the server unbalanced. People keep joining and go to Ts making it unbalanced.
3) The issue is bigger than office though - Premium players do have an advantage - a massive one actually. I'm a premium myself and I find it unfair when I am in the same team as 4 or 5 other premiums and we crush another team. This happens on ALL maps - not just office.

A suggestion if you cannot auto balance after each round on a deathmatch - can you at least try to balance the premium players then? Even if you do it on a trial run and we see how it works?

On Saturday, 29th of January, I played and it was 9 v 5, and today, 31st of January, 8 v 4 again. I have screenshots, but I have trouble uploading them. Auto team balance does NOT work on this map.

Can you please look and review this issue?

Thanks
H-Man 92
Edgar
Administrator

Yes, I will definitely review that :) Just allow me some time please, because currently I work on the new hardware as we will replace the servers soon with updated hardware.
Edgar
Administrator

Team balancing on the deathmatch servers has been changed now :)
Nort242
Spieler

Teambalance on Deathmatch servers is ok imo. I play nearly always only DM and new TB calc seems to be a truly improvment!

Congratz!
Edgar
Administrator

Thanks again for the feedback 🤗
DJ BlackEagle
Spieler

Hallo zusammen,

anscheinend gab vor kurzem ein neues Update zum Auto-Team Balancer.
Ehrlich gesagt, ist der extrem nervig. Ich finde es nicht gut, das man mitten im Spiel geswitched wird.
Wenn man tot ist oder am Runden Ende geswitched wird, das ist gut. Aber mitten drin, wenn man sich bewegt oder im fight ist?
Mir ist das oft passiert, das ich einfach mitten drin geswitched wurde. Es ist auch anderen passiert.

Es betrifft folgenden Server: 185.236.8.33:27015
Rampage
Administrator

Hallo BlackEagle,

Danke für deine Information dies sollte eigentlich nicht so sein. Wir werden uns das ganze nochmal genauer anschauen und dir hier eine weitere Antwort dazu geben.

Grüße Rampage
Edgar
Administrator

Vielen Dank fürs Bescheid geben. Das war definitiv ein Fehler, der nun behoben sein sollte :smilie:
DJ BlackEagle
Spieler

Euch beiden ein Dank. Nehmt mir das nicht böse, fals ich böse rüber gekommen bin. War etwas frustrierend. ;)
Heute ist mir das nicht aufgefallen. Ich behalte das mal im Auge.

Soll der nur bei Runden Ende switchen oder auch schon beim Tod? Beim Tod wäre das auch meiner Sicht OK.
Edgar
Administrator

Nein kein Problem, gerne sowas melden, so etwas ist nervig und soll auch nicht sein :)

Der Wechsel findet auch während laufender Runden statt, allerdings sollten nur nicht lebende Spieler gewechselt werden :)